What if each of us was to speak what we know. Not what we think we know. Not what we might like to know. But what we really know.
You know, those convictions and conclusions that have been tried and tested over the years and still ring true deep in our spirits.
For one thing, I suspect we wouldn’t speak as much.
But I also suspect that our words would be so much deeper, so much more real, and in the speaking of them we would be so much more invested and engaged.
If nothing else, try this out as an exercise. Here is what I know:
- God loves me passionately and intimately
- God loves you passionately and intimately
- Christ came to give us new life and in him we have life like we’ve never dreamed
- I must live out of my authentic core bringing my entire range of experience and emotion to God and in this I find intimacy
- I do not know everything about God
What do you know?
Are you articulating it?
Are you living it?
How is it changing your life?